Friction Anchors Rod (Split Sets)
The Friction Anchors can be installed with either hand held or mechanised equipment (Jumbos, Roof bolters, etc.) to provide an immediate frictional rock support at the face. For additional corrosion protection, Friction Anchors can be galvanised. Our Friction Anchors are made from high tensile steel, roll formed into open slotted tubes. Driving the high tensile steel tube into a hole with diameter smaller than the tube diameter generates a radial force on the rock. This results in a frictional resistance to the pull-out of the tube from the hole. A steel ring is fixed to the collar end of the tube to retain a bearing plate (washer).
Friction anchor bolt
1. Diameter: 33mm 39mm 42mm 47mm
Friction anchor for mining support is especially designed used together with dome plate for reliable ground support in hardrock mines, tunnels and slopes etc.
(1) Rollformed from high strength steel band with one end tapered tip for easy insertion into a drill hole, the other end has a welded ring for holding the bearing plate.
(2) Provide immediate ground support in radial and axial direction, not suitable for very soft strata and permanent support.
(3) Fast and easy installation with hand held or mechanized bolting equipment.
(4) No cement grout and resin cartridge needed.
(5) Available with both black and galvanized.
3. Recommended hole diameter calculation:
(1) In The Rock Stratum:
Diameter of Hole: (0.9-0.95) × Diameter of Bolt
Depth of Hole: Length of Bolt +100mm
Deflection Rate of Drilling: <1%
(2) In The Coal Stratum:
Diameter of Hole: (0.9-1.00) × Diameter of Bolt
Depth of Hole: Length of Bolt +200mm
Deflection Rate of Drilling: <1.5%